CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Putting My Crown To Work

Be sure to check out the latest issue of Pageantry Magazine where you can see a couple of photos from my crowning weekend!

I have had so much fun the past week with the Douglas County Rodeo & Fair, plus I spent Monday with my sister queen Victoria Korthuis (Teen Colorado-World) and Janell Ames (Mrs. Colorado).

Pictured with the Douglas County Rodeo Princess for 2011

One of the highlights of my weekend was meeting my new friend Stasia, who is the Douglas County Rodeo Princess Attendant for 2012. We're even getting together again this week!

The Teen Colorado-World pageant has a special relationship with the Mrs. Colorado pageant and I was so honored to spend the day with Mrs. Colorado, Janell Ames who placed 2nd runner-up to Mrs. America this year!

The Douglas County Fair & Rodeo was so much fun! I was involved in almost all of the events with the Rodeo Queens and was even decked out like a real cowgirl all weekend in the 90 degree heat! Two of my favorite activities of the weekend were being in a fashion show for Roper western wear and being able to ride in the back of the truck with the Rodeo Royalty while the barrels were brought out for barrel racing. I also enjoyed being able to ride in the Douglas County Parade in a beautiful white limo thanks to Tom Calhoun with Remax Realty in Castle Rock and Melanie Calhoun with Premier Designs jewelry. It was truly a ride fit for a queen and I had a royally fun weekend!

My beautiful ride for the Douglas County Parade, compliments of Tom & Melanie Calhoun with Remax Realty in Castle Rock!

Visiting with Rebecca Lynn O'Horo, Teen Larkspur-World before the parade.

Stopping by the Royal Image Boutique booth at the Rodeo & Fair Expo Center.

Modeling in the Roper western wear fashion show. Notice the belt purchased at the Royal Image booth, which added a little extra bling!

Taking a break in the shade. Those 90 degree temps were about to do me in!

The Queen For A Day program was so fun and heartwarming. I loved being able to hear stories of healing, share my time with those still struggling and meet all of the wonderful kids! Seeing their eyes light up at seeing Tori, Janell and I was such a special feeling to know that we were brightening their day. Each one of the children that we met is truly a hero for the fight they are living. I definitely hope to be involved with the Queen For A Day program again.

What a special day to share with my sister queen Victoria Korthuis, Teen Colorado-World and Janell Ames, Mrs. Colorado.

My new pen pal! She was so excited to find out that we're the same age.

Some of the firefighters who also donated their time for the Queen For A Day program.

We were honored to be photographed with the true heroes of the day.

I signed so many autographs the past week throughout both of my appearances that it’s time to get some new cards made soon! I’m embracing every chance I have to get out in the community and put my crown and banner to good use.

Autographs...

And more autographs!

Next up for Jr. Teen Colorado-World (aside from starting 6th grade next week) will be emceeing the Miss Yampa Valley pageant in October, appearing at a few pageants in October, November & December and an upcoming trip to Miss America in January! I’m always looking for new appearance opportunities so please let me know if you hear of anything that I should look into. My year has been amazing so far and I’m excited to see what’s next!

Ashley Berry
Jr. Teen Colorado-World

0 comments:

Post a Comment